Sunday, April 29, 2007

Out walking

Today, the sky was blue, the sun was bright and the gentle breeze was hot, so we took the Tube to Kew Gardens and walked along the Thames Path to Ham. The last time I'd walked this part of the Thames Path was all the way back in 2005.

Time glided by as we chatted gently with one another then fell silent and became fully aware of our movements, sounds, smells and our own thoughts...

In Richmond, we stopped off for pork bratwursts, mustard potatoes and huge glasses of German beer at the amazing Stein's.



Refreshed and invigorated, we Tubed it back to central London for a stroll through St James' Park.


Then to Panton Street for a documentary on the incomparable dark crooner, Scott Walker. My husband has never understood my passion for Walker, whose The Electrician is my favourite song of all time. M had to heavily edit our wedding dinner playlist because it featured too much Walker. The documentary itself was a little too nerdish, a little too reverent for my tastes. Hearing the man's brooding, sonorous voice, though, booming out of the cinema speakers and seeing the reclusive man himself speaking on the big screen brought silly, girlish tears to my eyes. The man has that effect on me.

Then back home for a dinner of numbing and hot chicken and a dessert of red bean mocha balls.


No comments: