1 x medium size diced red onion
2 x cloves of garlic, diced
1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
200g young spinach
1 x 400g tin chickpeas
1 heaped teaspoon whole cumin
Splash of Tabasco
Squeeze of 2 lemons
Salt to taste
1. Saute the onion in a heavy based saucepan.
2. When translucent, add cumin and garlic and stir until the aroma is released.
3. Add chickpeas, tomatoes and water to cover.
4. Bring to the boil then simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes.
5. Season to taste then add lemon juice and Tabasco.
6. Stir in spinach until it wilts.
Serves 2 with hot flat Turkish bread.
This is as simple as it gets for me. Both my husband and I have been having some crazy days at work. This dish takes 30 minutes at most to prepare and cook, and is perfect after a long and intense day.