Saturday, June 30, 2007

Friday night in

What a strange day - a defused car bomb in Piccadilly, helicopters circling around above our offices on Oxford Street, police sirens blaring, cordoned off sections in central London, the police cordoning off Fleet Street and instructing offices there - including my husband's - not to leave their buildings and to stay away from the windows... We were supposed to go to Whole Foods Market in Kensington after work and buy sun blush tomatoes, olive bread, Gorgonzola, goats cheese, a good bottle of wine and some other goodies to take home for tonight's dinner, but no one felt like going out on the town tonight. By 5.30pm, I was ready to go home before the ever-threatening downpour resumed or tube stations closed, mindful of 2005's experiences.

I popped into our local shops on Green Lanes and bought Alfonso mangoes, blueberries, raspberries, a 2002 bottle of Rioja, some very cheesy magazines - Woman & Home, Oprah and Grazia. M is back in an hour or so - his office evacuation meant he's got a lot of work to catch up on before the weekend. So I will settle in until he comes home and veg out with the magazines, some blogs and a cheesy Bollywood movie - Salaam-e-Ishq, about six very different young couples and their negotiations with love. When he returns, we'll most likely dine on yummy, greasy fish and chips from our local chippy.

Now I'm safely home, I feel chilled to the core. Such a lovely feeling to be inside and at home. It's the weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

S-E-I was one of the worst movies I've watched. I'd recommend "Honeyoon Travels Ltd." Lovely movie.

Planethalder said...

Yes, I ended up only being able to watch the first half hour of S-E-I - truly awful. I will definitely try and watch Honeymoon.