Thursday, September 27, 2007

Things keeping me happy this week

Lunching on crayfish and lime glass noodle salad from Abokado / Walking in the rain when a glint of sunshine hits me from above / Snuggling into my husband on the sofa with our feet and legs intertwined - watching a movie or reading or chatting / Leaving the house early so we can breakfast together on hot coffee and warm croissant with ham and cheese in town, before work / Catching myself in the middle of a hectic day and realising everything is just as it should be / Popping into the Ben Brown Gallery on Cork Street to pick up a book we'd ordered and stealing a few minutes to savour Candida Höfer's monumental photos again, even though I really need to rush back to work and my bulging inbox / Coming home and taking off my heels / Slipping beneath freshly laundered, pure white bedding / Hearing my parents' voices on the other end of the phoneline / Cooking spinach, garlic, chickpea, chorizo and tahini soup and eating it with thick slices of toasted white bread / Simmering tomatoes with loads of garlic and basil and spooning the sauce over gnocchi from Lina Stores / Watching Lost In Translation on DVD just because it features the hotel we're staying in in Tokyo next week / Thinking of all the outfits, day by day, I will wear on our trip / Loading my iPod with music I haven't listened to in a while - Nine Inch Nails' Fragile, Audioslave's first album, David Bowie's Let's Dance - for our 12 hour flight and for the Bullet train journey to Kyoto / Hearing my husband wash up in the kitchen while listening to Talking Heads as I type this.

4 comments:

I love Lucy said...

I just read several of your posts and I must say that I am so impressed by your taste in art and your outlook towards life!

And you getting an early start just so that you can have breakfast together...adorable!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

I just choked back tears when I read this...a feeling mixed with jealousy and happiness for you.....

Mallika said...

All sounds lovely. Tokyo next week? Very glam! Enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Welcome I Love Lucy!

Thanks for your comment Childwoman.

Mallika, I know, I can't wait. And the Park Hyatt looks very glam too hence my need to give careful thought to my clothing!