Saturday, September 29, 2007

A life in print

I love flicking through pages of writing, stumbling across things with the flip of a hand. I have printed out alot of my digital photos and look through them far more than I would had they just resided online or on my laptop.

I have three years' worth of Planethalder I want to print out and file so that I can peruse it at leisure if I choose. I want to randomly browse with a steaming mug of coffee, snuggled in bed or on the sofa, browsing through the art I've seen, the recipes I've cooked, the restaurants I've eaten in; I want to re-live the wedding preparations I made and the travels to New York or India or Spain or Thailand. I want to have all these words physically to hand alongside the more private, handwritten journal I also maintain. But the thought of printing it all out daunts me.

Has anyone here printed out their blog or are tempted to?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should use lulu.com! they're fab.
I haven't printed out my blog. But I've printed out a coffee table books of the photographs I take. And I LOVE it.

Anonymous said...

I want to print out my blog....maybe down the lane, I can remind myself how lame i was!! :)

Anonymous said...

Never! I shall cringe!

thisisnaive said...

I don't think I will print out my blog, but putting out a book is one of my long-term dreams...

Anonymous said...

Broom, welcome back!

Childwoman and MumbaiGirl - LOL

Tommy, what type of book?

charlotte said...

Hi - I read of a blogger creating one of these recently with apparently good results.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lottie, that's a good link. My problem is that it's so time consuming to print direct from Blogger. If Blurb.com can suck all those pages up for me and lay them out properly then I'm not bothered about fancy covers etc as it would be for my eyes only. Again, good link!

Olivia said...

I haven't thought of printing it, though one of my friends here in NYC says she wants (yes, "wants") me to publish one day.

I just backed it up onto Wordpress in case anything happened, as WP uses a special application to transfer entire blogs, and you can back up from time to time an it knows where to pick up from last time.

I have read my early blogs from time to time, and can't believe how naive and optimistic I was back then.