Monday, December 25, 2006

Offline

I'm taking some of my writing offline for a little while. I truly believe, as Natalie Goldberg says, that handwriting is more connected to the movement of the heart. Good old-fashioned pen and paper is where my writing needs to be right now, so I can be more honest and open and rambling. The last time I kept a paper journal was in 2000 and back then I deliberately stopped because I thought I was becoming too introspective for my own good (it's easy to be so when no one's reading). I enjoy writing in Planethalder because I am forced to focus outwards more. I shall still record my activities here, but I need to write more emotionally and openly for a little while, and here is not the place.

Season's greetings! Orhan Pamuk won the Nobel Prize For Literature - yee-haw!

No comments: