- I was out and about when I was single, but it was often easier to be a couch potato. It's less easy with him because he loves being active.
- I pay much more attention to my grooming habits and the way I look in general.
- I eat better: He loves good quality food and loves cooking; I'm inclined to eat junk. Living with him makes me eat better!
- I don't succumb as often to lazy thinking: He has a curious mind and is always reading The Economist, Wallpaper, the Financial Times, or Wired. I enjoy reading these much more now we're together and can chat about what we have read.
- I don't overthink things or sweat the small stuff: Perhaps he's a classic man, but with him I have fewer opportunities to dwell on things I can't change, and endeavour to change the things I can.
- I've watched a lot more Asian movies and listened to a lot more Latin and North African music since I've been going out with him. Whole new cultural worlds have opened up to me.
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Changing for the better
How has life changed since I started dating him?