Monday, January 10, 2011

Butt in chair

Uh oh, the three week Christmas and New Year break has made me lazy and my writing has careened to a halt. So, to reinstate the discipline required to finish this book I am reciting the following routine first thing each morning (well, as soon as Mr and Little Planet are out of the house - I try and usher them out by 8.30am):

1. Butt in chair
2. Step away from the internet
3. Open up Word
4. Start tapping away

That's all there is to writing really and I need to get my butt back in the chair and write.

2 comments:

Lavs said...

Happy NY to you. All the best for the routine.Am waiting to hear the news that your book is getting published:)

Planethalder said...

Thanks Lavs, though realistically you will have a long wait - it takes a while to a) finish a book then b) actually get someone willing to publish it. I am happy just to get a draft of it out there first :-) and happy I have the time to do it :-)