Monday, December 13, 2004

Office Xmas party

I'm a bit reluctant to write this post because most people's experiences of an office Christmas party are a mixture of excruciating boredom and drunken embarrasment.

But ours was a relatively civilised affair that began in a local pub and ended up at a pizzeria. Conversation veered from political straplines and living on an American Indian reservation (me) or travelling through Morocco or New Zealand, to which two public figures we are most attracted to (Anthony Kiedis and Johnny Depp for me; Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sven Goran Eriksson and Barbara Windsor - not for me!) and which Rizla papers are the best for rolling your own.

Despite the alcohol, no one got off with their boss, danced on a table or divulged their desire for blowing up the office building. But it was fun nonetheless.

Sorry to disappoint.

Other links today:
+ Famous athiest now believes in God
+ Osama who? Reg. req.
+ The cost of the US war in Iraq
+ Gwen Stefani on songwriting: "Tony called me and I was like, 'Dude, I suck.' And he was like, 'Dude, come over.' So I went to his house and a bunch of our friends there were playing these tracks that Tony was doing that were, like, stupid. I was like, 'You did not do these.' And he's like, 'Yep, you wanna hear your tracks?' And I was like, 'Nuh-uh, you did not.' So he pulls out this one and I'm like, 'Oh my God, that's my song.'" Huh? Via Popbitch.

No comments: