Saturday, August 23, 2008

Still here...

... but just finding very little time to sit down at the computer. M is away on business for 10 days in the States and until yesterday I was home alone day and night with Little P. My mother-in-law is now with me taking on some of the baby caring load but as Little P enters her 12th week, she is awake far more during the day and needs to be entertained all the time. She is beginning to be able to sit by herself watching the world go by - me washing up or eating my lunch, or other babies and their mums during mother and baby coffee mornings, or her toys lined up in front of her, or the colourful Olympics on TV - but only for 5 minutes or so at a time. I thought that her being awake more would make it easier for me, but it's more exhausting and routine than ever. She seems to need to change activities every 5 or 10 minutes. I like to take her out in her buggy alot but she's beginning to cry more inside it. I think it's because she can't see out but until her back is stronger we can't put her in a more upright position. I am still finding motherhood difficult and, dare I admit this, a little boring.

No comments: