Thursday, July 12, 2007

Midweek joys

It's Wednesday already! So far this week...

Buying DVDs from Yes Asia / Watching property prices go down on Property Snake as we prepare to buy / Realising cupcakes are actually the iced fairy cakes of my childhood / My husband surprising me by getting out of work at 7 pm and meeting me at my office so we can buy pak choi in Chinatown together / Black bursts of thunder, rippling flashes of lightning, large plops of rain / Having a good work week so far / My husband cooking Vietnamese beef with pak choi from Into The Vietnamese Kitchen - beef strips marinated in fish sauce, soy sauce, a little sugar and red chilli flakes, black pepper and a little cornstarch / Me cooking Bengali mixed vegetable curry - baby aubergines, tindori, shim, sweet potato and red lentils spiced with whole panch phoron, turmeric, cumin, coriander and red chilli flakes / The London rain making me nostalgic for the Indian monsoon where all the colours of the earth come alive and kids play footie in the slippery mud / Shrimp flavoured crackers / Settling in to watch the enjoyable Brothers & Sisters on Channel 4.

3 comments:

Silent One said...

We are looking to buy too.. did not know about the property snake website, thanks for that.. Cant wait for the weekend !!

Anonymous said...

The weekend is nearly here!!!

Anonymous said...

i'm addicted to Brothers & Sisters!