Sunday, February 18, 2007

Wedding countdown

Less than a week to go and it's been a whirlwind.

I renewed my passport on Friday morning before work. Our joint hen and stag night on Friday began with cocktails galore at The Trafalgar on Trafalgar Square and ended with more alcohol, loads of Arabic-Mediterranean food and live serenading at the wonderfully kitsch and over-the-top Sarastro on Drury Lane.

On Saturday, I had my face made up at the Bobbie Brown counter at John Lewis and left with good ideas and gulp £250 worth of makeup and brushes. I bought hair products from Aveda in Selfridges and got my vaccinations done for our honeymoon in India next week at Masta. Then we met M's father, sister and her friend (they had been to see Arsenal play at the Emirates) at Finsbury Park's wonderful Olive Tree restaurant where they all ate lamb kleftico and I ate a massive tower of beef steak, feta cheese and grilled aubergine.

Today, we've been finalising the Order of Service and the seating arrangements for the reception dinner, and have been going through our honeymoon travel arrangements. Tomorrow, M has a day off work and so will be making final preparations with the caterers, florist, musicians and venue, and will also be buying the favours.

The final countdown to our wedding day has begun. I am so excited, I can't believe it!

No comments: