Friday, March 02, 2012

Reading matters

Mr Planet has been working long hours over the last few months (he's a lawyer and a case of his is coming to trial) so once Little Planet is in bed I have found myself with a good couple of hours in the evening to read. Here are some of the books I've loved and want to re-read:






Unfortunately, some of the books I've read have totally sucked: Alan Hollinghurst's The Stranger's Child (the writing was wooden and the plot simply plodded along, though perhaps I should give this another chance as I usually like Hollinghurst), Amanda Addison's Laura's Handmade Life (which I only bought as it was about a woman who sews, more fool me!) and Stephanie Meyer's Twilight (because I wanted to see what the fuss was about, again with the "more fool me!").

I'm currently reading Gil McNeil's Divas Don't Knit, which is is a light, chick-lit read and which I only bought because it involves knitting. Also, Haruki Murakami's most excellent What I Talk About When I Talk About Running.

No comments: