Friday, May 23, 2008

New beginnings

I'm sitting in the Aveda Institute on High Holborn having sublime things done to my hair when I get some texts. Two of the women in my antenatal group whose babies were due 28th and 29th May respectively have already given birth. Early. Unexpectedly. I am next in line at 3rd June. But it could obviously happen any time. Gulp. I am very nervous and a little frightened to be honest. About the birth, of course. But also about how dramatically my life as I've known it is about to change...

8 comments:

RD said...

When I saw the blog title, I thought it was you! But your turn is soon. Can't wait to hear about bPH and all the joy she will bring. xoxo BB

Anonymous said...

Me too, thought you had delivered :)..
Good luck with the delivery - sometimes our impressions/fears on how painful labour is going to be is worse than it actually is.. at least thats how it was for me..
Hope everything goes well - please do keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

It drove me crazy, that "everything-is-going-to-change-and-you can't-know-when' bit. It does change. I feel like everything in my life was only a warm-up for this. The best 24 hours in my life were the first ones on the maternity ward (after labour, that is). There is so much love waiting for you!

Unknown said...

Oh the first one is always easy - I had a terrific labour barely any pains . So good luck- cant wait for news of baby PH

Olivia said...

What Silentone says about the pain is right. However you can, let it go.

And whatever you feel, as I'm sure you've heard, it will be worth it.

So excited! I may not be able to check in again until after you deliver, as I fly out on Thursday and have a wedding to attend downtown that weekend...

Sunita Venkatachalam said...

Ooh this is exciting isn't it? It's funny that before having a baby the only thing that looms large is the labor/delivery. Afterwards one forgets enough about it to even do it the second time :)

Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Good luck and pamper yourself as much as you can now

Anonymous said...

Thank you all!