Thursday, December 13, 2007

A few lovely things

... Spending the weekend with my parents in Suffolk and eating lots of cake in celebration of both my mother's and my husband's birthdays
... Watching the glee on M's face as he flicked through the leatherbound edition of Arsenal newspaper cuttings from the last 80 years or so that I got him, amongst other things, for his birthday
... Cooking and eating okra curry with red peppers and black mustard seeds on a cold, wintry night
... Buying a metalic silver dress and sequin burgundy vest from DKNY for our work Christmas party. Just need to buy the push up bra, heels and a new pair of Wolford tights and I'm set
... Wining and dining clients on expenses
... Getting a promotion at work today and my second pay rise of the year - yippeeee!

11 comments:

leslee said...

Congratulations! And that sounds like a fab outfit. Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

congrats my dear!! what wonderful news... say, do you have a brother who has the same charismatic, personality as you do...? hehehe :) the dress sounds very nice...post some pics of the dress....

RD said...

I've managed to elude my office party this year, perhaps exactly for that reason: what to wear? Festive and fun, yet still somehow serious. Not an easy problem, but I think you've solved it!

BB

Anonymous said...

What a thoughtful gift!
And Congratulations!

Premalatha said...

Congrats. Christmas gifts they are, aren't they? :-)

Olivia said...

Ooh please do show us the dress, or even part of it.....and then the shoes when you get them too. I do like a bit of fashion.

(Used to wear a lot of DKNY when I was in my teens, but now I am a Ralph Lauren girl. Love my Ralphy.)

Congratulations on the payrise, exactly what you need when you move into your OWN house. I hope the promotion leaves enough time for you to set up said house!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations.....the harder one works, the luckier one gets etc. etc.

Anonymous said...

two pay raises in one year. that's fantastic. congratulations, girl!

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for the congratulations, girls!

thisisnaive said...

Sounds like a good year for you! I got AB a three-volume compendium of Waffen-SS uniforms, as mad as your 80 years of Arsenal cuttings...

Anonymous said...

Hi Tommy. The things we do for love, huh?!