Saturday, January 08, 2005

Happy birthday Mr Jones

I'm celebrating this guy's birthday today. The only celebrity I still obsess about (since I was 12). I know Elvis would have been 70 today, but I barely remember him. It's the leper messiah I grew up with (albeit a decade too late), so Happy Birthday Dame Bowie.

Other links today:
+ Wow, the terrific London band Bloc Party come second in the BBC's Sound of 2005 poll.
+ It has to be stew. "Stew: it's the essence, the heart, of English cookery. What is a stew but a metaphor for the great national talent of compromise?" Four fabulous stew recipes from The Guardian, including Lancashire hotpot and Sicilian Caponata.
+ Elvis Inc. It's good to own the King. "How many dead men made $40 million in 2004? Better yet, how many dead men - or at least their images - have recently been sold for $100 million? Only one fits the bill - Elvis Presley."
+ Nick Hornby's reading diary

No comments: