Thursday, April 05, 2007

Feeling light

I've been eating healthier. Usually for lunch I buy takout from Wasabi or bring in sandwiches from home. This week I've been bringing in lunches of pitta stuffed with hummus and cucumber, or stuffed vine leaves with tomatoes, cucumber, hummus, walnuts and pumpkin seeds. The portions are smaller and I'm not snacking anymore. Our evening meals this week have included Hungarian beef goulash and spaghetti with tomato sauce, but my servings have been smaller and the spaghetti has been wholewheat. I've also given up milk in my coffee because it leaves me feeling bloated despite being delicious. I've rediscovered hunger.

Okay, so I had a bacon cheeseburger and a bowl of fries for lunch at Hamburger Union on Dean Street yesterday with colleagues, and had a few bottles of Becks at The George on Wardor street last night after work, and M and I are eating out tonight. But it's okay, because I feel lighter and more energetic and am enjoying my food even more than I used to.

No comments: