Monday, October 23, 2006

Drizzle

What a mellow evening this is panning out to be. I left work on time today, popped into M&S near my work on Oxford Street in the dark drizzle, then made it home before M and cooked us a dinner of organic spinach stir-fried in soy sauce and garlic, rice flavoured with dashi and pieces of chicken char-grilled on the cast-iron grill pan. I settled into the sofa to read a little of Alan Hollinghurst's exquisite The Line Of Beauty while M listened to Lou Reed's Transformer CD and now M is setting up the ironing board to iron his work shirts in the lounge while we watch Stephen King's Nightmares and Dreamscapes on the new Five US channel. There's M&S lemon cheesecake in the fridge. The drizzle outside continues, but I don't care because I'm snug and warm inside.

No comments: