Friday, April 17, 2009

Days of leisure # 1

With Little Planet in fulltime childcare and with still a little time left of maternity leave, I have been indulging in a lot of "me time". I have...
  • Bought jeans, blouses, tights, shoes and ti-shirts from French Connection, Gap, Cos, Uni Qlo, Selfridges and Wolford
  • Lunched at Itsu (sushi) on Regent Street and Ikeda (mixed tempura) off Bond Street
  • Breakfasted with M before his work, at Konditor & Cook (sausage rolls) on the Greys Inn Road
  • Stocked up on provisions at the John Lewis food hall (mainly salad leaves) and teas at Postcard Teas (Sparrow's Tongue, First Flush and Masala Chai)
  • Watched the moving Genova and poignant Gran Torino at cinemas in the West End
  • Viewed Kutlug Ataman's engrossingly familiar family home movies at the Thomas Dane Gallery (photo above) and Andreas Hofer's mythic art constructs at Hauser & Wirth
  • Eaten spaghetti carbonara, chilli tofu and chickpea and tomato stew at home for dinner
  • Househunted in North London with my mother, who is planning on moving down here to be closer to her only grandchild
M has been away in Europe but is back tonight and then he has all of next week off. With Little Planet in childcare, M and I will be spending some leisurely days together... just the two of us.

And at the end of next week, I return to work. My maternity leave is coming to an end and I am both excited and nervous about this. Excited, because I am returning to a job I love; nervous, because... how am I going to fit it all in and be good in my roles as professional, wife and mother?

Time will tell.

3 comments:

beyond said...

wish you good luck.plz write more.i read your posts every time but seldom comment but i really think you are very cool;)

Choxbox said...

hi. came here fater a while. your lil one is nearing the one yr mark?! wow - time does fly!

good luck for yet another change that coming up.

Premalatha said...

You are tagged! http://thenormalself.wordpress.com/2009/04/20/around-the-world-in-80-clicks/