Sunday, August 28, 2005

Blocked in Harlem

I've been wide awake since 6 o'clock this Sunday morning and the sun is streaming through my London home. The first thing I did when I returned to my beloved city last night was buy a copy of Time Out in preparation for making the most of this Bank Holiday weekend in the capital. But this beautiful weather is maddening because I have a cold brought on by the constant leaps back and forth between air-conditioned cold and humid heat in Thailand and I can't do anything today except sneeze and cough and be a miserable, unsociable cow. Perhaps I'll stay in today and catch up on a month's worth of blog reading. Uh-oh, just got a dinner invitation. Spluttering and sneezing over food at Harlem. Will I pass? Let's see how I feel over the next few hours.

Later: well, I felt good enough to go to Harlem and drink Cola and eat some rather good corn fritters with garlic mayo. Despite the bad reviews, the service was speedy and good, the music mellow and not invasive, and the food was comfort-eating great. This may have been because it was rather empty for a Sunday lunchtime.

But I did duly return home afterwards for the rest of the day and night to do nothing other than read magazines in bed and surf the net.

Scroll down to the Thailand entries as photos are slowly appearing.

14 comments:

Greg Liddle said...

Live from the internet, it's your best of Weblogs, Inc.
Posted Sep 3, 2005, 3:00 AM ET by Weblogs, Inc. The Weblogs, Inc. network features over 100 independent, unfiltered bloggers producing over 1,000 blog posts a week across over 75 industry-leading blogs.
Hey, you have a great blog
I have a free targeted traffic site.
It pretty much covers how to get some free targeted traffic .
If you have a few minutes come and check it out

Natwho said...

Does race play role in hurricane relief?
The hurricane victims plucked from rooftops and slogging through waist-deep water on TV newscasts have been mostly the poor, usually black.
bad credit we can help you. We can get almost anyone approved for any type of loan you need, including all types of mortgages, refinances, pay day loan advance, auto financing and much more.
www.nwcleasing.com
can help you get the funds you need fast, usually within 24 hours or less.

Computer Blog Stuff010 said...

I’m new to this blog stuff. I’m getting inspiration from yours. If you have a few seconds you can look at my website. It’s basically about things from HP Laptop Discount to a multitude of notebook computer topics.

jauu said...

Oh please - visit my site too - programy

ddassoc said...

Cog Mall for Everythinghp shoppingCog Mall for Everything and hp shopping items

Romance Coach said...

What's the best thing about a Falcons game?
Your chance to be heard on hot topics of the week. What's on this page? The entry titled "What's the best part about Falcons games? - You Make the Call," and any of the comments about it.
Have a look at my british titles of nobility for sale site. It pretty much covers british titles of nobility for sale related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Jerome Jackson said...

Your blog is creative Keep up the great work. I'm sure you'd be interested in How to buy & sell window treatment on interest free credit; pay whenever you want.

STL said...

Nice to visit your blog, come check out our
internet shopping site. Whether you are online shopping for earrings or other items, you you can find them here.

Blogger News said...

Nice job on your blog! Keep posting away.

One of today's hot news topics is about Dental Insurance.
SHOCKING Dental Insurance
blog site! Come and check it out, if you dare :-)

blog-on said...

Nice blog you have here! I'll be sure to bookmark it!

I own a guaranteed search engine positioning info site.

It informs visitors of the dangers of guaranteed search engine positioning

You might find it very informative

mpg said...

Sox radio team to break up
USA Today's top radio broadcast team in the American League will be no longer after the 2005 season.
In addition to low prices, many Directv AR offers include FREE installation and equipment. check out my site on Directv AR

tweedledeetweedledum said...

This blog is awesome! If you get a chance you may want to visit this discount cat furniture site, it's pretty awesome too!

Blogging Blogging Queen said...

You have a knack for
writing. I read about 20
blogs a day, and skim about
30 more, so I mean it! We
can all use improvement, but
you certainly are better than
most I've read.

I'm going to be starting a blog
soon, about keyword bidding
(I know, it sounds strange!) but
if you don't mind, I might drop
you a line just to get a little advice.
Ok?

Thanks kindly.

One Crazy Blog Addict...!
Dave, King of All Keywords

Rosa Benito said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.